The Bath Arms at Longleat, Horningsham, Wiltshire

Photos © copyright The Bath Arms at Longleat
Lying on the Wiltshire/Somerset border between Warminster and Frome, Horningsham is a small, pretty, quintessentially British village forming part of the famous Longleat Estate. The name ‘Horninges-Ham’ means ‘Horning’s Homestead’ in Old English, and is the name that the village derives from. Horningsham has a peculiar form lying between a dispersed settlement and a nucleated village. It lies within the Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, making the village a beautiful little pocket of the English countryside.

The village pub was built on The Common in the 17th century, becoming a public house with rooms in 1732 when it was then known as the New Inn. It later changed to the Lord Weymouth Arms and then the Marquess of Bath Arms in 1850. This was one of four pubs within the village of Horningsham, as well as being an off licence.

The building which houses The Bath Arms Hotel externally dates from 1732, when the ‘Three Goat’s Heads’, which stood on the site, was let on condition that it was rebuilt.

With its history and colourful past, the Bath Arms Hotel is one of the most interesting and historical hotels near Longleat Safari and Adventure Park and a great place to stay with visiting Longleat and the surrounding areas.
The Bath Arms Hotel and Restaurant
BA12 7LY
Tel: 01985 844308